Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Testimony

Part4After that awakening week, I returned home with a fresh feeling and new outlook about me. However, this was not as comfortable with time. Eventually, this would turn into a burden. With my desire to know God more along with my habit slightly more adapted to do so, it became a routine before bed to do my devotions.  Several nights in, I was at a spiritual high and the presence of God seemed more and more real. A transfer was made between what used to be self-enforced by control, to a more intellectual and cognitive understanding. He revealed himself to me in a new and very extreme way and it was as if He was physically present as I had never felt before. It scared me and yet was the most reassuring feeling I have ever experienced. At this new level, I felt as though I needed to rededicate my life to the Lord and I could not be at peace until I did. I did so to myself, but I wanted someone to witness this. This isn’t unnatural that I felt this need as the gospel of John holds the history of Jesus baptizing people as a public form of their new life in Him. This was the conclusion of my foundation in Jesus Christ. I believed fully and realistically in Him, I had a desire to know Him more, and my desire and goal in life was to serve Him by being a witness of Him and sharing the story of my salvation with others. My daily “devotions” have since then developed into meetings and reading the Bible is a knowledge experience, prayer time a constant conversation with Jesus Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment