Part2My family was all home on that particular evening and I remember that my dad told me that we would pray after dinner. Before the meal, he prayed and thanked God that I had the desire to commit my life to Him. With the Lord’s blessing, my father guided me in a prayer. Even as my father talked to me and asked me questions, I was consciously not really listening to the words I was saying or meaning them. I knew that God knew this too, I was aware of this but to me I thought that perhaps all I needed was to go through the motions of the prayer. Afterwards, I went to the sandbox and played nicely with my sister. I wanted to feel like there had been a major shift like I had hoped before which was part of my desire to pray in the first place. It seemed there ought to be an enlightened feeling which would be my new life median. I wasn’t sure if I felt that or not and wondered if it was sort of an immediate aftershock sort of thing. My respected inspiration and influential motivator in becoming a so-called child of God who was my sister, now seemed different in my eyes. Previously we would get on the others nerves and spend our lengths of time living and playing together in disagreement just as children do: selfish. Suddenly we got along very well and our play was pleasant with respect and light-heartedness.
The next morning, I believe I had forgotten all about my transformational prayer from the previous day. I woke up and although I don’t remember the events within that vicinity of time specifically, I know that I did not go through a period of my life in any difference from the time in my childish life before I accepted Christ in my life to after. Of course I continued to grow in my wisdom with my consistency of involvement within my church family and with my own adaption of personally building a relationship with Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment