Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Clash of Modern-Day Culture's Opponents


Well I think that I’ve come to a general conclusion about America in terms of society (As cliché as this is for the fact that this diary of internet essay’s is themed by society, I do not claim to have figured people-and-the-most-important-thing-about-them-that-most-seem-to-want-to-know out). I will state plainly my thesis: the new generation is divided whether equally or not into “hipsters” and mainstream. Now this is an interesting debate here because using the term hipster as a type is completely contradictory to its definition, which is to be odd and edgy to a point of slight discomfort, but mainly for the hope of being different and not nearly as much for the pain of it. The latter is hardly independent of the former. Mainstream by definition, also loses its meaning in this context when compared side-by-side with the term “hipster”, because if the two do indeed take equal symbiosis to the other, then mainstream is not a majority type as its coining intended to specify. 

Even the same, I examine these two from a point of equal insight and on behalf of both selections. As far as the ratio of them in the population, I do not know as I have become aware of a distinguishing  factor among society favoring these groups. Then again, it may be that I see them as prevalent divisions because coming of possible currency, or because I am in the midst of transferring to the other side of that which I used to maintain as sole. With some consideration to that possibility, I remain unbiased—also supported by my impartiality.

No comments:

Post a Comment